martes, 23 de julio de 2013

Ivori: a great discovery

IMG_0005
Every once in a while (not so often, though) one rambles around a beautiful city and bumps into a store that has a charm like no other. That, mes chéries, is what happened to me just a few days ago.
I was wandering around the neighbourhood of El Born in Barcelona. A neighbourhood known for its character, multicultural setting and its one-of-a-kind local stores. Old streets where it is easy to find great vintage stores like Le Swing, little cafes to enjoy delicious macaroons like Bubó, or, as was the case, the incredible store Ivori.

IMG_0003

IMG_0002
Ivori is a clothing store that opened last December. It is run by a Catalan designer with incredible style and eyes and only sales clothing by local designers that has been produced in Barcelona (minus the shoes, that, however, are also produced in Spain).
I saw the window of the store and it immediately caught my eye. A beautiful and distinctive bag was hanging, and taking a peek into the place , I saw a pair of shoes that I also felt in love with. I dragged my boyfriend into the store and I was surrounded by back-opened dresses, shirts with unique cuts and the feeling that I had discovered a gem.
If you live o are visiting Barcelona, Ivori is a store that you must visit. I assure you, you won’t regret it.

IMG_9998

IMG_9996

IMG_9995

IMG_9994
De tant en quant, una es troba donant una volta per un dels seus barris preferits de Barcelona, com és el Born, i de sobte descobreix una tenda única que té un encant com cap altra. Això és el que em va succeir a mi fa uns dies quan vaig topar-me amb la tenda Ivori. La botiga, que va obrir al desembre, és propietat d’una jove dissenyadora local amb un estil únic i un ull fantàstic per peces boniques.
Passejava pel carrer i em va cridar l’atenció una bossa que hi havia l’aparador, així que espiant dins la botiga vaig veure també unes sabates que em van enamorar. Evidentment, vaig arrossegar la meva parella a dins on em vaig trobar envoltada de preciosos vestits d’esquena descoberta (la meva obsessió), samarretes amb un tall únic, i el sentiment de què havia descobert un tresor.
Encara més em va agradar la botiga quan la dissenyadora em va explicar que tota la roba, sabates i complements que hi ven és de dissenyadors i dissenyadores locals, i que la roba es produeix a Barcelona (menys les sabates, que també es fan al país però).
Si vius o visites Barcelona, Ivori és una botiga que no et pots perdre. T’ho asseguro, t’alegraràs d’haver-hi anat.

IMG_9992
If you visit the store, do not forget to tell me what you thought!
xx

2 comentarios:

Laia dijo...

No hi estat, un dia li faré una ullada! :)

Anónimo dijo...

I really enjoyed reading this, cheers.
Jeux d'amour