martes, 27 de enero de 2009
So I've been ill for two days now, and while expecting to get better and trying to kill some time, I've been watching SATC. Aaaaaaall day long. Since I have the DVDs, Sex and the City has become an addiction even more difficult to quit, and though being ill is not my fav activity, at least it is an excuse to watch all the episodes and, above all, all the clothes.
Maybe she is not the most beautiful lady in the world, but she can put out some outfits as anyone else, while others, in the same clothes, would look ridiculous. Anyway, I think I'd stay with her closet, and specially... with some of her Manolo's (who wouldn't huh?).
Am I the only one who suddenly has a need of wearing heels right after watching the serie?
sábado, 24 de enero de 2009
lunes, 19 de enero de 2009
* I love to death dark chocolate. If I have dark chocolate in front of me there's nothing that can stop me from eating it, I just find it sooo delicious.
* I'm a little bit obsessed with the United States, which is a little bit scaring, 'cause I don't want to be disappointed when I go there (hopefully soon), but particularly I want to go to NY and everybody says it is great, so I don't think I will be. I also love a lot of series, and as I prefer original versions, I learned a lot of english watching them. I think that's the reason why I passed and Advanced level exam in english, which is a very useful certificate.
* I've been obsessed with shoes since I was like five years old. I had these shoes whose heel was made from wood, and when they didn't fit me, I cried a lot. Silly me. Lol.
* I wish to be able to travel around the world, unluckily, apart from Spain I have only been in England and Italy, but I expect to travel a lot more, as I think it is an amazing and unique experience that makes.
* I work as an english teacher for little kids ( I know that maybe I do thousands of mistakes writing here in the blog, I'm sorry! But I can do better, I promise), but I still don't know what I'm going to study next year, and I have to choose a career pretty soon :S .
* I really like fashion. I cannot afford expensive clothes so I go with shops like Zara, H&M and shops of this kind, and though I'd like to have some designer pieces (specially shoes and bags) I'm happy with what I have. Sometimes it occurs to me that taking so much care of my aspect and what I wear may be superficial but I think that through fashion and clothes one can express his or her way of being and the feeling that this person has in a certain moment. Conscious or unconsciously we all take care of our aspect, so what's wrong in trying to look as better as possible if that makes to feel a little bit more secure?
I'm really flattered too because this so lovely girl gave me this award that ipso facto made me smile, thank you sweetie!
She said about me:
Miriam She does the most lovely photos of her going about in Barcelona while it rains very heavily outside my window. There is a very elegant and simple style about her and this shows in her lovely personality as well. You can't help but love her!
Could she be any sweeter?
I'd like to pass this award to:
- Jaime from Jaimewearsblack, she made me love her asiatic features, that are almost perfect. Her face is like an angel's one and her style is undeniably fabulous. Making such great outfits with only black was something unknown until her.
- One of my european favourite bloggers, if not the most is Mariëlle from toosexyformyshirt, her style is impecable and her smile is the prettiest ever. And so her eyes and hair.
- My Spanish favourite blogger, she has an amazing sense of style difficult to find here, at least wear I live, Rebeca .
- Marian from Houseofstyle, if the things she wear are great, when she wears this clothes they get even better.
- La Couturier. There's not much I can say about her, she's the one who dominates words, her way of writing is excelse and her posts get better every single day.
- If you look for the best campaigns and some of the prettiest and more stylish pictures in the blogosphere, you should definitely visit this blog, daily inspiration for fashion lovers.
- Another beautiful, and stylish girl who cannot be missed and deserves the award as much as others is Aimee from Songofstyle, I cannot help but love her blog, shes very inspirational (as the other ones) and seems a very sweet and approachable person.
- And the last one, who I think that deserves this award not only because of her incredible, unique and personal style, but also because of her way of being is Irene from Girlnextblog, I've been honoured with her friendship for so many years and I can tell, she's as fantastic as she seems and even better.
jueves, 15 de enero de 2009
"There are millions of people out there. But in the end it all comes down to one. I still panic sometimes, forget to breathe. But I know there's something beautiful in all my imperfections, a beauty in which he held out for me to see, a strength that can never be taken away."
martes, 13 de enero de 2009
The rules are
1. Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your photos
2. Pick the 4th picture in that folder
3. Explain the picture
4. Tag 4 people to do the same!
So here is my dog, called Roy. This picture was taken this summer while I was spending some days in our summer house in the beach. In summer having more free time I can play more with my "little" dog, and while doing so, I took this picture. I love him so much.
sábado, 10 de enero de 2009
Few days ago La Couturier wrote an excellent piece called being fabulous. If you haven’t read it yet, you should definitely do it, it is indeed a great post that only she would have been able to write so perfectly. She is, from my point of view, one of the greatest fashion bloggers, not only she writes about fashion, but she does it as stylishly as it can be done. Check out her website, its worth it.
miércoles, 7 de enero de 2009
So here in Spain, a lot of people, instead of receiving presents from Santa, receives them from the "Three Kings", so I got my big presents two days ago. What a surprise when they brought me an Ipod Touch, and a jacket, and money for loooooots of clothes. If it wasn't because I started school today, I would probably be totally happy :) . Welcome back to real life.
domingo, 4 de enero de 2009
So after spending a whole weekend at Sandra's, I'm back at home, back to my computer. As it is still holidays, I'm a little bit lost and I don't know which day I'm in or not, but this outfit, if I'm not wrong, is what I wore on Friday. That day I also bought a new pair of boots, I love them and the boots are really comfortable (which makes me wanna be wearing them all the time).
jueves, 1 de enero de 2009
Happy New Year everybody!